The following resources provide more comprehensive information for better understanding mental health issues among varsity athletes, and strategies for offering support.
- Helping Support Student-Athlete Mental Health | NCAA [US]
- Mind Body and Sport Understanding and Supporting Student-Athlete Mental Wellness | NCAA [US]
- Managing Student-Athletes’ Mental Health Issues | NCAA [US]
- Sports Science Institute: Mental Health Educational Resources | NCAA [US]
- Helping a Depressed Friend or Family Member | HelpGuide [US]
- Guide for Carers: Supporting and Caring for a Person with Anxiety and Depression | Beyond Blue [Australia]
- Mental Health Resource Center | JED Foundation [US]